- An Implementation of Java binding for OpenGL -
JSparrow is an implementation of Java binding for OpenGL.
You can write 3D applications/applets using OpenGL in Java. And it's very
easy to port existing C source code to Java. JSparrow supports
GLUT-like programing style.
Currently, Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000, Solaris, Linux, IRIX and Mac OS are supported.
Please send us bug reports, suggentions and comments.
- JSparrow 0.944b is released! (September 28, 2000)
Please see Release Notes.
- For Macintosh: A problem that if you select "Check Remote Code" or
"Check All Code" for Byte-code verification option in Internet Explorer,
a security exception may be thrown is fixed.
- For Macintosh: A problem that when you show some pages using JSparrow in
Internet Explorer 5 continuously, Internet Explorer may crush is fixed.
- For IRIX: MIPS n32 ABI version of JSparrow native library (for JDK)
and o32 version of that (for Netscape) are released.
- For Linux: A problem that JSparrow doesn't run with Netscape is fixed.
- For Linux: One known problem is added to Release Notes.
- A sample program "HenoHeno" is changed.
- JSparrow 0.943b for Windows is released! (September 7, 2000)
- JSparrow now supports Windows 2000.
- A bug is fixed (for Internet Explorer).
- JSparrow 0.942b is released! (July 27, 2000)
- JSparrow now supports Internet Explorer (WITHOUT Java Plug-in).
- On September 16, 1998 at San Francisco, we gave a presentation to OpenGL ARB regarding JSparrow.
Presentation material is here.
Mail to: email@example.com
* JSparrow itself (excluding any hardware/software used in combination
with JSparrow) is y2k compliant.
* JSparrow is a trademark of PFU LIMITED.
* Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Sun Microsystems,Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* Solaris is trademark of Sun Microsystems,Inc.
* OpenGL is a registered trademark of SGI.
* Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
* IRIX is a registerd trademark of SGI in the United States and other countries.
* Mac is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
* Netscape is a trademark of Netscape Communications Corp.
* The names of products and corporations are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective corporation.